A community for all the editors on Youtube that work with Disney

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cck95
Admin

No. of posts : 147
Registration Date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi guys ♥
So, my birthday is coming up and I will be 20 years old - and a thought that have crossed my mind for a while now is: when will I be too old to edit with Disney and putting it on Youtube?
I want to open a small diskussion about this- and hear your opinions of this matter. I know that there are people that are older than me and edit with Disney, and younger ones of course - and do you think you will stop in a certain age?

A reason to stop editing is when life comes in the way and you have no time or insperation any longer, but what if that doesn't happen to some of us? What would be your thoughts if someone joined this forum and youtube and said that they are 30+? Would it be creepy?

Disney as movies has no agelimit. Many says its for kids, but we know better than that, but this kind of community? I don't know really, and would love to hear what you guys think. ♥
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CCK95
mssConstance15

No. of posts : 39
Registration Date : 2014-10-15

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:47 pm

I'm also going to have 20 xD I don't think it's (nevers get to old) old to wacth cartoonn also depend on the cartoon, but well... no I don't think it's creepy since I have seen a lots of people with 30+ editing non/disney videos Very Happy Most of my friends has more 20 years and they love disney animated movies or older type of cartoon... so I don't believe in limited age for cartoon.
It's doesn't hurt nobody so... Very Happy I just wanted to say that I think it's ok and doesn't matter your age ^^ I love cartoons!! (but not type as Dora the Explorer... -.-'') xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MSSProductions

No. of posts : 55
Registration Date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:35 pm

I think so too Smile the only thing that's gonna stop me is life as you said emmi <33
Even loveandheartbreak has children and still loves it to edit and is a little active Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika-hime

No. of posts : 68
Registration Date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Lol, we're having a similar conversation on the cxs-chat at the moment! Very Happy

I don't think you can grow out of this. Maybe you guys now xMadDisaster? She's even older than you and edits. I think LairaWolf97, too.

I also know a fanfiction-writer who's 27 and she loves it. I think you can't really "grow out of this". If love it, you love it :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fairyflght

No. of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:43 am

okay so I STARTED editing with disney when I was 19...haha I'll be 23 in march. Do whatcha love and don't be ruled by others. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightsStolen

No. of posts : 62
Registration Date : 2014-10-25

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:50 am

Honestly, I don't even want to think of a day when people I know and love seeing their videos stop editing because of age XD <3

I don't think there is ever an age you should stop editing Disney or cartoons or anime or anything really. True, I've thought about this topic and how (I guess) being 35+ and editing Disney may be weird but idk, when I think about animators and people who MAKE Disney that are 40 or 50, it doesn't seem like such a big deal.

Sure, it's made primarily for kids but i think we ALL know that these movies appeal to adults and have some hidden messages in them XD And hey, what you love is what you love and f**k anybody who thinks differently! <3 (pardon the language)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/NightsStolen
cck95
Admin

No. of posts : 147
Registration Date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:40 pm

I'm so glad that you guys don't think age is a problem ;D haha. Makes me feel a little better (but I don't want to grow up.. Take me to Neverland)
I guess we just have to wait and see how everything goes. But wouldn't it be fun if we came back to this forum in 5-10 years? Even if we have stopped editing or whatever, but just to say Hi and share our experiences with eachother once again? xD cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CCK95
CountessCain

No. of posts : 15
Registration Date : 2014-10-25

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm 25 (turning 26 in march o.o") and I love Non/Disney movies to death. I think even when I have to stop editing some day, because of an own family or other causes, I will always love the movies. I will even drag my own children into it. They are so beautiful and can create such a huge amount of creativity and fantasy in yourself.

I hope I will always stay a child inside that loves to dream. And even if it's just to watch The Little Mermaid a thousand time, cause it will remember me, how much I loved and watched it as 4 years old.

My mom always says, she's happy to have us kids, cause she can drag us to go to the Disney movies with us. She loves and enjoys them, she would never forbid us to watch them. I think she would rather force us to watch them, and she's 40+ xDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kikyo0takarai

No. of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:13 am

I got 23 on march 5, and I love editing and collecting dolls and toys. I think if you do the stuff you love, as long as you enjoy them and they don´t get in the way of you living your life, then go ahead!

Age is never a limit if you really love doing something, we are never too old to be happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACMusicVids

No. of posts : 8
Registration Date : 2015-08-15

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:28 pm

Believe me, I have thought and thought about this subject a lot.

I'm turning 25 this year and also going to University which mean less time for editing, and it might come to a point where editing is too childish.

On the other hand, editing is for me a hobby which could be drawing or playing soccer for somebody else.

I've come to the conclusion that when my best buddies on Youtube quits - so will I. It would not be the same without them Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjLgVTwSSJT67Mf_iXKA-CA?spfrelo
AiraSora

No. of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Hmm I have honestly thought of that many times as well, but I have never come up with an answer. I mean, sometimes I think that I'll probably stop editing once I feel like I'm an "adult" and I have a steady job (I'm going to school right now, I am 20-years-old) and when I have children, I might not have the time for it generally. But other times I think it's fun to imagine still editing even when I have children and I also have this little fantasy of my child starting to edit as well and me teaching him or her about it. It's a funny little fantasy to me, but reality is I'll probably stop when I just don't have any interest in it anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hollie1911

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:05 pm

i was 15 when i started editing. its always healthy to have hobbies. im 22 now and ill keep editing till im 50 aha xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AiraSora

No. of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:14 pm

Imagine if some of us really stuck by editing for that many years... We would be the coolest grandparents ever. I imagine my children asking for videos for their birthdays too or something lol xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hollie1911

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:50 am

I never think of the future but i cant see why id ever stop. iv always found it fun. Its like how guys game.... they never grow out of that. I just see it as a hobby. something that relaxes me. I can see myself being a Housewife where my hubby comes home and iv spent all day on my laptop creating Amvs with the new "hippest" cartoons aha xx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?    

Back to top Go down

DotD || Agelimit for editing with Disney?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1