DotD || Redoing videos?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NightsStolen

No. of posts : 62
Registration Date : 2014-10-25

PostSubject: DotD || Redoing videos?   Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:01 pm

*spams forum until the forum itself becomes spam*

HI!! It's Kristin Smile alien Just checking to see if you guys were alive  I love you

TO THE TOPIC!
Recently I was looking at some redone videos and then I was also thinking about redoing some of my old (awfully done) videos and I found myself having an ambivalent opinion on the subject!! And I just wanted to see what you guys think!

For me, when I see a video redone I get very sad because I feel like the state of the video represents the growth of that editor! And then I also feel like I lost the original video (because sometimes editor toss the entire original and redo it completely different!).

But on the other hand, when I see an old, horribly done video by myself, I feel really competitive with myself and try to accomplish one of my "always do the next one better" goals!

I just wanted to know if I was alone in this thought? Because, for the most part, I am against redoing videos because it's just a little piece of my past that I like as a reminder of how far I have come. But I also like to improve upon things and make things bigger and better and greater. Who knows maybe you all feel the same ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/NightsStolen
Mika-hime

No. of posts : 68
Registration Date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Redoing videos?   Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:17 pm

I have to say, I did it sometime ago. I just don't think there's much about it. Redoing it is like a compression for me. I can see where I got better.
But most times I just redid it, because I wanted to use the song again :'D
Often I just took the same song, but not really "Redoing it" - i don't know if it really counts as Redone video X'D

I can get your point, but I don't think it's that terrible. If I watch old videos my thoughts are: "... why didn't I know what beats are??"
I was Raw-style Very Happy (really raw. Extremely raw *lol*)
So I can get your point and I just haven't got the effort to do all my old videos new :'(
(Sometimes I take a song, I know I've used and the same fandom, but I don't know anymore how I did it. And I just do and look at both version to see were I did it different or the same way as the last time. I think it's kinda interesting)

What I couldn't do, is delete my old videos. They're crappy. They're horrible. And they will still be on my memory stick when I die, without ever somebody watches them.
BUT things I put effort in and I know I loved once, I can't delete. I have some much fanfictions, while reading them my lunch throws up, but I just can't delete it.

So, redoing a video is okay, but deleting. It's not the same, so yeah. But I could never delete something I put effort in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightsStolen

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Redoing videos?   Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:03 pm

@Mika Yes! I totally agree with you! Redoing isn't really that bad as much as deleting the videos Sad

And I know the feeling! Sometimes I think I was too aware of the beats because I would try to overcompensate by adding all of these effects XDDD It just doesn't look good hahahaha
Back to top Go down
kikyo0takarai

No. of posts : 42
Registration Date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Redoing videos?   Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:09 am

I have re.done some videos only to find that editing them better did not made them better at all, I like the old ones as crappy as they are because I explored other solutions that now I have left behind due to better editing skills.

I mostly re-do videos that I still have in progress, like I take something and kinda work with it and kinda finish it, but leave in ther and months or weeks later I look at it and start over XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MSSProductions

No. of posts : 55
Registration Date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Redoing videos?   Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:19 pm

I never re-edited Videos but I definitely will Very Happy because there are videos which are NOT on youtube because they were too bad or I used manips of other editors, that's not a good thing xD or they were simply not finished and if I finish them everything needs to be ok the Same Level Very Happy
But I totally wanna remake them some Day <3
Ok the other Hand I also think that remaking means Not to delete the older one. As you all Said before they are memories and good for comparison Smile)
I never deleted any video or the project files XDDD maybe Not nessesary but I still have them :DDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightsStolen

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Redoing videos?   Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:40 pm

@kikyo0 I am the same way!! XD I have this project serial killer with the song by lana del rey and I was working on it back in 2013 but it's been so long (and was so harshly edited) that i'm considering scrapping it and starting all over XDD

@MSS I keep all of my videos too hahaa, I'm actually running out of space on my computer so I have to buy one of those external harddrives Smile But i'm a hoarder so maybe that's it too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Redoing videos?   

Back to top Go down

DotD || Redoing videos?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1