Share | 

Editing-Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mika-hime

No. of posts : 68
Registration Date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Editing-Questions   Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:24 am

"No question is too stupid"... okay, then let's start!
That are questions I was always unsure about.

1., What does "Non/Disney" exactly mean?
I asked ten people, I think and everyone told me something else.
for ex.: "Non/Disney does mean every animated/CGI film, includig bambi and this stuff. It doesn't matter which studio."
"Non/Disney does mean every animated/CGI film, includig bambi and this stuff. But only from Disney."
"Non/Disney does mean every animated/CGI footage, also animes, series and stuff. No live action."
"Non/Disney does mean every animated/CGI film, including Crossovers."

So, what's true?
For me is important to know: "Including Crossover, yes/no" and "including other studios like DreamWorks/Sony Pictures/etc., yes/no"

2., What's the difference between a MEP and a Multi-Collab?
... Just want to know it.

3., What do the "styles" mean?
Sometimes in a audition for a studio there is in the form "Styles". There are "Candy" and "raw" and such things. Could somebody explain these things to me?^^

Thank you for your likely upcoming answers! : )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cck95
Admin

No. of posts : 147
Registration Date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Editing-Questions   Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:10 pm

1. I believe that "Non/Disney" is different to everyone based on their interest. For me, Non/Disney means movies from Disney and studios that works with the same "animation" [For example Dreamworks]
The main reason why we on YT and such started to call it Non/Disney was because if we only put Disney in the title, but a clip of Anastasia or Odette was in it - it would be full of comments saying that "ODETTE ISN'T DISNEY", etc. So the meaning of "Non/Disney" isn't that important, it is just so that we editors don't have to see those stupid comments... Cool

2. That's kinda funny, because I can't really see a different myself. I believe that when it is a multi-collab, it is a few friends that decided privatly to make a video together - but when it comes to a MEP, it's basically open for everyone.

3. That is the "style" of the video [duuh... I'm so stupid xD] But for example Candy, I believe it's when everything is supposed to be cute, pink and should have flowers in it. Dubstep/effects is when you match every beat of the song with a effect or transition, and Raw is when you don't really have any effects or things like that- and just use the clips as they are. This is important to studios and some MEP's because they want every part to flow together the best they can.

I hope I gave you some good answers. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CCK95
mandssimons

No. of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Editing-Questions   Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:17 pm

1. I hope this makes sense, but I don't think it's a 'rule' in editing. Crossover basically mean from two or more different movies.

I see Non/Disney as a mixture/crossover of Disney and other 'Not Disney' animated studios like Dreamworks, Universal Studios, Sony Pictures, Warner Bros, 20th Century Fox, Touchstone Pictures in one video (I think we try to go for studios with similar animation styles). So Hiccup and Elsa would be a Non/Disney crossover since Hiccup is Not Disney and Elsa is Disney. Merida and Flynn Rider could be a Disney crossover since both characters are from Disney movies but is still classed as Non/Disney. This is included for both 2D and 3D crossovers, the characters I picked were just examples. I've put Odette in one of my videos with 'Disney crossover' in the title and then been shouted about 'SHE'S NOT A DISNEY CHARACTER!', so editors just say Non/Disney.

I don't think we included Anime as Non/Disney because it's a different style of Animation - but I have seen people do crossovers with non/Disney characters and Anime characters.
Example (note there might be some scenes that some people might not like, the Anime is about vampires):

StudioGhibli is pretty similar style to Disney - but isn't edited much because YouTube is VERY strict with Copyright in StudioG footage.

Live action can be included in Non/Disney crossovers too, whether it's using Animated characters along side Live action movies OR/AND the Live action movie is owned by Disney:
Example:

---

2. Collabs are organized between two or three editors with similar styles/level of editing, while MEPs are hosted by one person and multiple people with different styles 'join.'

MEP Stands for 'Multi Editor Project' where multiple editors take a part in a song and edit to it, varying between 5 to +20 editors (depending on how many parts are cut by the host), nearly everyone who take a part have different styles of editing and likely use different editing programs.
Example of editors different styles in an MEP:

A collab/Collaboration is where two editors take a song and and edit small parts to the song (varying between 2 - 5 parts each) this is similar to an MEP BUT instead of 10 editors it's just two - both editors tend to have similar style so they don't look like MEPs.
Example:

Multi Collab (or Collaboration) is same as a normal collab, but with just a few more editors and they try to edit similar. I've have people 'join' a multi collab on my channel, but I only opened to my friends really.
Example:

---

3. Candy is bold bright colours, using cookie cutter effects and typography and cut out images and full on effects, Candy style is something I never really got into, it's more of an Anime/AMV style - but can be linked with Animash.
But I did find this video that uses 'multifandoms':

RAW, is clean - no effects/colouring. No fancy overlays, they work with the clips and maybe a little bit of timing.

---

I hope I've helped, or made them 'clearer' XD
And I hope it's okay that I've posted other people's videos for examples.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/mandssimons
mssConstance15

No. of posts : 39
Registration Date : 2014-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Editing-Questions   Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:27 pm

hi guy I was wondering if you guy can help me with my masking problem? :/ For some reason when I'm cutting in sony vegas evrything look ok, but once I render it were the poblem come.
Eje: I cut an arm, but part of the background appears when I render it (but in sony vegas I don't see the part of the background). Why? Sad it's only happen with some of my clip and latey more and more u.u Can you help me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cck95
Admin

No. of posts : 147
Registration Date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Editing-Questions   Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:44 pm

@mssConstance15: I know several people who've had this problem. Don't remember what they did, but I'm sure you will get a answer - But if you want to, make a new topic so that the answers only will be to your questions, and don't mix up with the others ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CCK95
mssConstance15

PostSubject: Re: Editing-Questions   Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:56 pm

ok sorry about that ^^ thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika-hime

No. of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Editing-Questions   Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:41 pm

@cck95 (Shit, forgot your nickname XD) & @mandssimons:
Thank you! : )

You really helped me, specially on the styles. Finally I know, what style I use! XD
I am happy that Non/Disney is different for everyone - so I don't have to change my option^^

@mssConstance15:
Your problem is already solved, I just wanted to say (BTW) that I like your avatar : D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mssConstance15

PostSubject: Re: Editing-Questions   Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Mika-hime wrote:
@cck95 (Shit, forgot your nickname XD) & @mandssimons:
Thank you! : )

You really helped me, specially on the styles. Finally I know, what style I use! XD
I am happy that Non/Disney is different for everyone - so I don't have to change my option^^

@mssConstance15:
Your problem is already solved, I just wanted to say (BTW) that I like your avatar : D

thanks ^^ I made it myself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Editing-Questions   

Back to top Go down

Editing-Questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1