A community for all the editors on Youtube that work with Disney

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

DotD || Crossovers, that really impressed you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mika-hime

No. of posts : 68
Registration Date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: DotD || Crossovers, that really impressed you?   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:15 am

Hey guys!
(I was the person, who said it depends on us to give this forum quality and what do I make? Being quiet! But now I am going to spam this forum! XD)

My question for today is, (and no, I am not asking for the crossovers itselfs) what was the relationship/pairing/... in a crossover, that most surprised you. Like you think "That is genius! I would have never thought of that!" or a specific manip, that just made you look like that: O.O (XD)

I think it's much harder to make a crossover with underused characters than with overused. Because the overused ones (like Arielle, Jasmine, Jim, Elsa, Rapunzel, Hiccup, etc.) are overused because of one reason: They have so much scenes, you can use as something else. You can easy edit them or make it look like something else!

One pairing I still remember was Hercules and Charlotte. I don't know anymore who came up with it, but it really made me look like the smiley up there XD
Also many "underused"-couples KiandraChan come up with, impressed me.
Of course many others have good ideas, but I don't remember them atm XD
(someone made Arielle fly into the scene where Kida transformes O.o)
If I had to say which manips most impress me, I would have to much people to say.

My problem is just, that I don't have any ideas (I mean, I am still working on the STORY for the contest O.O)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kikyo0takarai

No. of posts : 42
Registration Date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Crossovers, that really impressed you?   Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:52 am

I remember the Mocha Chino x Omar video and that is it, like less than 10 minutes of screen time turned into a master piece. When It comes to underused characters I am all into it, that is why I love to edit with Miguel and Metroman, people just forgets about them XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cck95
Admin

No. of posts : 147
Registration Date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Crossovers, that really impressed you?   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:20 pm

I actually think the opposite xD Today, it's hard to create something "new" with the overused characters because basically everything have been done already. So those videos that I think is amazing, it's usually when the editor have accomplished to make new manips and made the couple look original, even though it's been used more than 100 times.
The only times I'm reallyy happy with my crossovers is when I've been able to do a new manip. (which is not often xD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CCK95
Mika-hime

No. of posts : 68
Registration Date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Crossovers, that really impressed you?   Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Yeah, I agree with you, Emmi. It's the same with stories XD
That's the difficult thing: Letting simple stories look like more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightsStolen

No. of posts : 62
Registration Date : 2014-10-25

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Crossovers, that really impressed you?   Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:30 pm

My favorite crossovers are actually from a combination in the Sweet Dreams MEP done by GloriousHysteria *0* Dear God all of those parts were glorious! Destino/Eris, Ariel/Angel, and (my personal favorite!) Kida/Chernanbog! You have to watch it, honestly the whole video and the ending especially has got to be one of the most beautiful crossovers!

In fact: here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pMdKT7SsTE

The whole video was ingenious! I think you guys will see what I am talking about XD

But what I think a good crossover really comes down to is making them look as realistic as possible (with, of course, gorgeous coloring!) and then using the scenes in a new different way! Like taking something as overrused as Kida's crystal-possession-thing and turning it into Chernanbog transforming her! Or Eris creating Destino! And so on
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/NightsStolen
kikyo0takarai

No. of posts : 42
Registration Date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Crossovers, that really impressed you?   Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:14 am

I have a tumblr where I praise about videos that wow me, for that Tumblr Blog I made this playlist full of videos I fangirl about:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLByvlcGeOjyGmHJna6y2yQ_rHypN5EGJo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Crossovers, that really impressed you?   

Back to top Go down

DotD || Crossovers, that really impressed you?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1