A community for all the editors on Youtube that work with Disney

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NightsStolen

No. of posts : 62
Registration Date : 2014-10-25

PostSubject: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:24 am

Ahhhhhh! So many of everybody logs on daily but never says anything XD
We need to be more active as a community! *Esmeralda fist in the air*

Anyways! I ask this question because I actually find myself taking a weird amount of courage and lessons from these girls! Like thinking "if Mulan overcame her insecurities/fears so can I" or "Cinderella didn't complain about doing things for others or ask for recognition" and whatnot! 

I just wanted to know about youuuu though <333 (Creepily invested in your opinions c: )

Most Relatable To Me: Definitely Ariel because sooooo many people in the USA want to be her or only like Disney because of her (a little resentment?) but I can understand because she is like today's generation in being really headstrong and willing to do whatever it takes to find love, being independent and longing for more!

Who I Most Relate With: Tough question (that I asked myself xD) It's a three way tie between Esme, Anya, and Jasmine! They're all really independent and want more from their lives and that's something that I have always wanted: understanding and acceptance (like Esme and her poor hunted gypsy brethren), to be able to be myself (Anya and I actually have similar personalities, it's kinda sad haha cause she gets away with it lol), and adventure like miss Jasmine princess of the palace who leaves because she knows that money isn't what's important, it's living. 

So now it's your turn! Don't be shy and don't be afraid to put your little murmured thoughts in parentheses like I have (and shall continue to do) <3333
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/NightsStolen
cck95
Admin

No. of posts : 147
Registration Date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:11 pm

I agreee ;D haha. But atleast there are people online on the forum ^^ That makes me happy.

I kinda "hate" this question, because I've never felt like a character is "just like me" or similar. I wish I did, so that's the "hate" part xD haha. It feels like it seperate me from all the other disney fans.
But if I have to think of someone, it's probably Belle. Everyone thinks she's really strange, just like I feel that everyone around me thinks about me. But both of us is still happy and puts family and friends first. Also that we don't judge a book by its cover, and that we wants adventure. ^^
Maybe I'm a bit lame... xDD haha.. idk.. study
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CCK95
Mika-hime

No. of posts : 68
Registration Date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:53 pm

I have to agree with Emmi. In every part. I had never felt like "uh, in that part we're are similar!" with a Disney character. And if I had to take one, I would also say Belle, because... yeah, all the others are badass-princesses, who want adventures and I am... just boring. Very boring XD
AND MAAAYYBE Mulan, because she is very quiet (at the beginning) and hasn't the brave to say, what she wants and doesn't want to disappoint anyone. I am a bit like that XD

What I make often is to think: "Oh God, when I would be a bit more like *put character in here*, then I would *put thing in here*"
In some ways I always think of Elsa and Tigress (maybe because I love them or whatever) to be a bit like me. They're both quite calm and try to fick everything theirself (and they're cool^^)
But I think I just wish it would be that we're somehow similar X`D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightsStolen

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:43 pm

Hahaha you guys are too cool to be contained in Disney girls ;D That's why! And I understand what you're saying because I don't honestly think anyone is exactly like a Disney girl!

Maybe I just long for what they eventually got and classify myself because of it xD (who knows!)

And Belle isn't boring at all! Everybody's adventure just look different and for some it's taming lions (or saving China c: ) and for others it's making multi-crossover videos (ooohhh dangerous lol) xDDD
Back to top Go down
Mika-hime

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:49 pm

Whoa! I never said Belle is boring! I said I am boring!^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katzrox

No. of posts : 16
Registration Date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:42 am

I think mine would have to be Rapunzel. I was sheltered to the real world up until HS and even then, idk being in college really opened my eyes to the REAL real world. If that makes sense haha

and for a long time I saw my mom as the bad guy, especially when she didn't approve of the one guy I wanted to marry but i'm kinda seeing it now (I broke it off with him a little while back...thankful that didn't happen) so I guess I also relate to Jasmine? I feel like, as far as it goes with guys and such, I want to be seen as a human and not a prize.

but there are also characters I aspire to be like- I love Aurora's positive personality and singing voice, I love Meg's sarcasm, Esme's inner fire, etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kikyo0takarai

No. of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:55 am

I was going to avoid this question because I never felt trully related but then I recall. I love LOVE, Epic´s Mary Katherine for one reason. Like me she has father issues.

For the first time I saw a character that related to me in my biggest trauma, the fact that my father forgot about me, never cared about me, was too lost in his own world. Like her I barely knew him and was raised by my mother. As I saw her suffer while trying to get close to him, I saw myself.

Unlike my, she had a happy ending with her Dad though, while I just stopped trying at all..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radstyles

No. of posts : 19
Registration Date : 2014-10-18

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:45 pm

who i can relate to the most with is probably Tiana because she keeps working hard even though she doesn't come from a place where there are the biggest future opportunities Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xfearlessviking

No. of posts : 6
Registration Date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:31 pm

I being honest with me and with you... I really feel I do not belong here (and I mean everything around in my life) I can not get along with people and made me hard what was and is my life of student. (And people bothered me always) so I identify me with Hiccup.

Jack Frost and Jim Hawkins, can also identify me because I don't know well who I am and where I'm going.

And hi! I'm new to the forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika-hime

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:02 pm

Dani! <3 Hi!^^

I know what you mean.
I mean, I'm not a »Outsider« (does this word exist in english? XD), but I always feel like I bother other people and everyone is thinking: »can't she just go away?«
It's funny (somehow) that people who doing creative things often have »problems«.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightsStolen

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:05 am

@Mika Seriously! I always feel like people just don't bother with me anymore because they don't understand me or maybe I say things wrong o.o That's why what I look for in life is acceptance and make it a point to be accepting of others! After a while I just can't presume to know why people do things or look at them at as simply black or white, good or evil.

I agree that it's the creativity! I can be so in my head (which is probably where my imagination comes from) that it keeps me from being a social butterfly <: D

And hello xfearlessvikingx : D!
Back to top Go down
xfearlessviking

No. of posts : 6
Registration Date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:48 am

Hi Tori, Hi NightsStolen c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
radstyles

No. of posts : 19
Registration Date : 2014-10-18

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:53 pm

@Mika-hime wrote:
Dani! <3 Hi!^^

I know what you mean.
I mean, I'm not a »Outsider« (does this word exist in english? XD), but I always feel like I bother other people and everyone is thinking: »can't she just go away?«
It's funny (somehow) that people who doing creative things often have »problems«.

That's because a lot of creative people express themselves in a way that some people don't understand. The tough life of an artist Razz

Last edited by radstyles on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kikyo0takarai

No. of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:23 am

I totally feel that as an Art student, you struggle with that everyday XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katzrox

No. of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:00 am

haha I actually confronted a friend of mine about this...I told her the truth, that I feel like she only talks to me or invites me to hang with her out of pity/trying to be nice.

Honestly I have one or two close friends, but other than that being alone with my editing software or a good movie/book doesn't bother me. I used to care about what people thought of me and being accepted, but I've moved to accept myself as I am and if somebody can't handle me then it's their loss, no big deal. I have enough problems on my own, I don't need to be constantly worried about being accepted by the world. >.<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MSSProductions

No. of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:36 am

well Very Happy I can't really think of a haracter who's like me...
and I can't really say that I'm an outsider because I'm creative Smile (not now, in my first years of school I was kind of but I had my few friends and it was cool ;D) I have to admit that I don't tell everybody what I'm doing here on yt when I don't truly trust them. You know, I have this one girl who calls me her "best friend" and she's just ... I don't wanna say this here. xD But I can say that I would NEVER tell her about something really important because she tells everyone everything, I hate that Very Happy But I told many trustworthy friends that I'm editing with non/disney and they didn't judge me and say I'm childish or something (and I am NOT Very Happy just when it comes to my beloved Disney <33) they all said it was pretty cool and I was so glad that they thought that ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightsStolen

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:54 am

@MSS That is sooooo funny that you mention the editing thing because I was going to start a new debate about whether or not you all tell people what you're editing XDDDD I am the same way (only telling close friends/family that I edit non/disney) 

It's not that I am ashamed of it but I think it's just that people look at you differently because they don't realize the possibilities of editing! They only see princesses/princes that little boys and girls play with and think differently of me <Very Happy It's funny and nice to know I'm not the only one being selective with my editing topics XD <33
Back to top Go down
MSSProductions

No. of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:23 am

@Kristin exactly!! XDD It's just the same what I am thinking!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xXTheAnimeAngelXx

No. of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:24 pm

Okey, at the beginning I thought at this question "should I answer it or not"
but no I will. And I guess the most girls think about which Disney Princess is most like them Smile
And I most say I would be a little Disney Princess Cocktail from Meg, Rapunzel, Belle and Anna.

Meg: When I was little my Dad left our family and I guess that´s the reason why I don´t really trust man´s or anyone. So I can identify myself with her.

Rapunzel: Most of my friends tell my that my attitude of life is really positive. And they call me sometimes little Sunshine so I guess this is what I have in common with her.

Belle: I really enjoy reading books if I find a good one and like many of you guys I have not many friends and every time when I say something I think why do they all look at me did I say something wrong. And I always feel it when people except me or just agonise me.

Anna: I can be really goofy just like her. And I try everything to fix when I made something wrong.
So that would be my similarity to her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightsStolen

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:37 pm

I loved that phrase "disney princess cocktail" XD And yeah, i just asked the question because I feel like there must be some reason we all are drawn to disney editing and perhaps it's because we are (in some way) relating to them?? or learning lessons from them? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?   

Back to top Go down

DotD || Most relatable character/one you most relate with?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1