Share | 

DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mika-hime

No. of posts : 68
Registration Date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?   Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:55 pm

What is the Non/Disney Movie you most dislike?

I think it's more interesting to talk about why we don't like things, than talk about why we like things.
Sometimes - of course - you just don't like it. You don't have a certain "because" - I know that. But if you have one, I would like to hear it.
________________________________________________________________________________

Mine is .... um, this is pretty hard XD (Not because I have so much, I don't know one at the moment...)
I would say it's "The hunchback of Notre dame II", because the drawing looks so... strange and not like in the other disney movies, and... the story is such a klischee! XD
And it always played on Disney Junior -.-
I can't see it anymore! ^^
--> I think, what makes a film to a masterpiece is that you can watch it thousand times and it just doesn't get boring! : D

What about you guys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cck95
Admin

No. of posts : 147
Registration Date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?   Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:21 pm

My least favorite Non/Disney movie probably is Princess and the frog or Brave. I've only watched them once or twice because I've to watch every Disney movie [xDD], but I wouldn't watch them again.
(This is beside some of the sequels)

I don't have a "clear" reason why I don't like these, but I can imagine that it is because their "silliness". Brave with a Bear-mom who acts like a queen, and PatF with the frogs. Of course the both movies has some great moments and the meanings of the films are fantastic, but I haven't fallen for them. Maybe it's also because I'm a little old-fashion and love the classic movies with dragons and a prince on a white horse.

But I don't know. Sometimes you can't love everything what Disney makes ^^ <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CCK95
katzrox

No. of posts : 16
Registration Date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?   Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:44 am

I'm not a fan of many of the sequels, mainly because the animation is terrible (even when NOT compared to the original movies). I just see all the hard work that went into animating movies like the little mermaid, the lion king, sleeping beauty, etc, and to see the little mermaid II, HoND II, it just....makes me shudder. XP

ALSO
I'm sorry but I really didn't care for Frozen. :/ Maybe it was all the hype it got, people freaking out about it and saying it was better than TLK (nooooo). I just feel like it would have been better to keep Elsa as the villain and make the movie her redemption story. But that's my personal opinion. (sits in the corner with a shield waiting for flying objects)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kikyo0takarai

No. of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?   Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:36 am

This is a hard question but, lets see.

I don´t care AT ALL for 100 Dalmatians, Robin Hood or The Rescuers. To me this are very boring, one sided movies. I am not crazy about the story nor the characters...I think Bernard and Bianca´s relationship comes out of nowhere! I just dislike them deeply.

I actually like sequels, as crappy as they are, for one single reason, they add more ground to the Canon level of Disney. This way I get to know what happend with characters after the movie or before, and I love that!

My Favorite movie?....Thats so ahrd to tell! I love Hercules! Deeply, I love the story, I love its definition of bravery, of what it is to be a hero, I love how Hercules is so cute and naive and pure and yet so strong! I love Meg, I love Hades, I love the music...this movie is just perfect to me. Now I don´t know about you guys but I rarely see Disney movies in its original lenguaje, except for Tangled, Frozen and Brave, I only watch then in the Latin Spanish version.

And here Hercules had Ricky Martin´s voice, as an adult, and OMFRGTG! I think the original is a little lame, maybe just because of how perfect I think  Ricky is for him, he has this cute, clumsy, happy, manly voice that is just perfect for him, if you have never heard this man as Herc, to me its perfection, and as a big fan it makes the movie even better to me. (Plus he did the theme song, so...more crazyness for young and older Kikyo here, the song is on one of his Albums, Vuelve, and its like...on of my favorites eveeer)

Shame there are only crappy clips of Latin´s Herc u.u

Back to top Go down
View user profile
radstyles

No. of posts : 19
Registration Date : 2014-10-18

PostSubject: Re: DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?   Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Well, I first of all don't enjoy many sequels... so yeah.
But brave is probably my least favourite... I find it boring and the plot is really boring also. Sometimes I wish I'd like it, since Merida is a cool character but the movie is just urgh. A no from me.
There are a few of the older ones that I don't find interresting either, but I mostly like disney's movies n_n
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mandssimons

No. of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?   Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:20 pm

@katzrox I feel the same with Frozen; even now there is so much hype around it (specially with it now being in Once Upon A Time). But I liked the movie, story, and the songs. But I wish they stuck to the original Snow Queen story and made Elsa evil/the bad guy, not some guy who manipulated Anna who wanted to take over the kingdom (when Hans went all evil, it felt like a 'last minute' thing that they added because they needed a villain, same with Kristoff and Anna ending up together). And even now people keep saying 'it's the first Disney movie that was about sisters and they didn't need a prince to save them'... I know everyone here can easily give examples of other Disney movies who did this... - but don't get me wrong, I like Frozen, but it shouldn't have gotten so much hype.

@radstyles, totally agree with you on Brave, I loved Merida but the movie wasn't very good.

@kikyo0takarai, I believe The Rescuers and Robin Hood were both very low budgeted, (but both of these were ones I'd spend hours watching when I was little) and I agree with you on Bernard and Bianca's relationship - but at the same time they were cute together :3

I liked some of the stories in the sequels; it did feel like they were adding more to the original story and adding stuff they couldn't fit into the original, but they felt cheap and lazy to me. Worse sequel to me was Pocahontas 2, JOHNSMITHSHOULDHAVEENDEDUPWITHHER!!!! But I liked Lady and the Tramp's sequel and also Lilo and Stitch 2 - that one made me cry.

I don't know whether it's just me, but there are loads of movies I like sitting and watching - but I would never edit with them, like Kung Fu Panda and Sherk (maybe in a Animash, but not crossover).
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/mandssimons
Mika-hime

PostSubject: Re: DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?   Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:45 pm

@mandssimsons: I know what you mean. At first I thought no one would know KFP because it never appears somewhere. Not even in Animash or Non/Disney.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kikyo0takarai

No. of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?   Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:07 am

@Mandssimons I have to agree with you, ther are a few movies I love and I never edit to, and I don´t want to XD Its happens!

Like Epic, I loved that film and I don´t like editing it, or most pixar films like Toy Story, Up etc. I edit with John Smith now and then, But I would never dare to touch Pocahontas XD it just happens.

And yeah I HATE Pocahontas 2 with all my soul, stupid John Rolfe...but If I must say, my most hated sequel of them all is The Hunchback of Notredame...that is just....no...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
girlfriend

No. of posts : 13
Registration Date : 2014-10-27

PostSubject: Re: DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?   Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:15 am

I never like Sleeping Beauty ... the only thing I liked about the movie was the villain, malefica. Aurora only thing I did was sing to the animals and sleep, lol (?

Brave ... amm..me like the character ... but I felt that something was missing from the movie .... D:

The Little Mermaid ... amm..ariel me seemed so tedious ... ewe

(yes, I have to google translate xD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XxFairyTopia

No. of posts : 11
Registration Date : 2014-10-18

PostSubject: Re: DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?   Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:03 pm

I hate the Aristocats
I do not like the drawings and the music (I should be ashamed I am French and they are French music, but I do not like)

I find some scene are unhealthy (When Edgar wants to take his material kept by Napoleon and Lafayette)

I might make me the enemy but I'm not a fan of Treasure Planet.
I do not like the world of science fiction ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mika-hime

PostSubject: Re: DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?   Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:41 pm

I didn't know how unloved brave is O.o
(I mean, I respect what you like/don't like, but I'm a bit surprised^^)

@XxFairyTopia: I don't like Treasure Planet that much as well : )
Jim is okay, but the whole movie just... eeehhh, well. Better than nothing : )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?   

Back to top Go down

DotD ~ The worst Non/Disney Movie?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1