Share | 

Can Someone please help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlueTail

No. of posts : 15
Registration Date : 2015-11-23

PostSubject: Can Someone please help!   Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:27 pm

Hey It's me BlueTail. I am working on a video where I want to use a very common shake & fade effect. However I can't figure out what kind of effects these are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOMFpPTG-WI
In This mep video first around 0:51 seconds at the Tangled part, What kind of effect is this the one that shakes or is very jumpy?

Then around 1:16 at the Tarzan part where it fades to baby Tarzan very fast, what kind of  fade is this?. I have been looking for very long in AF but I just can'r figure out on how to do it.

Do you happen to know what effects these are and can I slow down a shaky effect like that in AF if there is one. I would really appreciate any type of help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cck95
Admin

No. of posts : 147
Registration Date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Can Someone please help!   Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:57 pm

Hmm.. For the Tarzan scene I would guess the NewBlue Zoom transition (plugin), and for Tangled I would guess also a NewBlue one (but don't know which one xD). That or she've used an effect, or moved the clip by herself ≧‿≦

A trix to figure out what they've done is to download the video and place it in your editingprogram. Then you can watch keyframe by keyframe what's going on and try to do something similar =D Or just play around a little with different settings on effects/transitions ^-^ (Or contact the editors directly;D)

AF? Do you mean AE? <3 If that's the case, then AE doesn't have so many transitions (what I know... Maybe there's plugins?) so then you have to do it yourself by zooming/moving the clips and maybe add some blur to it. The sky's the limit on what you can do with a little bit of imagination ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CCK95
NightsStolen

No. of posts : 62
Registration Date : 2014-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Can Someone please help!   Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:00 pm

If you are only using AE and not SV, you could accomplish the shaking effect from 0:51 from just animating the position (click the layer you want this effect to apply to, press "P", then the little clock in front of the word "Position"). What this does is basically allows you to change the layer's position from frame to frame. Of course, when you do this you'll have a translucent layer behind it (or just black if there's nothing underneath the layer) so I would recommend increasing the scale as well to compensate for the position's change. And then, for a few frames or however long you want the shaking effect to be present, change the position in the desired frames. To slow the shaking down increase the length of frames (i.e. instead of changing the position every single frame, change it every three frames, etc), to decrease the intensity of the shaking, don't change the position very much.

For the fade effect, I like to use SV for clip assemblage and transitioning, butttttt you could do it in AE as well. You could use two clips: A,B (A being on top, B on the bottom) and overlap them at, for example's sake, the first five frames of A and the last five frames of B. Then you could open the opacity (click on the desired layer, press "T") and animate it (Press the little clock to the left of the word "Opacity"). Start off clip A on frame 1 (of the overlap with clip B) at 0% and then, on frame 5, put it to 100%. Do the reserve for clip B: frame 1 (of the overlap with clip A) at 100% then frame 5 at 0%.

Then you would animate your clip's scale to create the appearance of a rapid zoom (click the desired layer, press "S", then click on the little clock to the left of the word "Scale"). On clip A you could set frame 1 to be perhaps 200% and then frame 5 to be either 100%, if you would like a quick zoom out that immediately stops with the transition. If you want it to keep going, you could set frame 5 to be 120% and then the end of clip A at 100%. Again, you do the reserve for clip B: frame 1 at 100% and frame 5 at 200%.

The editor appeared to use a little blur to give the zoom a little more liveliness, so I would suggesting adding an adjustment layer ON TOP of both clip A, B and then animating a blur effect (maybe a radial blur or a vector blur or whichever you feel works best) to work during those five frames. At frame 1, there would be little to no blur and, either at frame 3 or 5, you could make it reach its maximum blur and decrease to little or no blur at frame 5 or 7 or whatever.

Again, the lengths and the percentages are all just for example's sake, you should make it as long or as intense or as whatever as you want! And sorry if I wrote this like it was for a beginner! Just in case anyone else wants some advice as well hahaha  geek

-Kristin I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/NightsStolen
BlueTail

No. of posts : 15
Registration Date : 2015-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Can Someone please help!   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Thank you both Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Someone please help!   

Back to top Go down

Can Someone please help!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Disney Editing Community :: Disney Community :: To the Rescue!-
Jump to: