Censored Silent

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LoveAndHeartbreak

No. of posts : 2
Registration Date : 2016-04-30

PostSubject: Censored Silent    Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi everyone. It's me LoveAndheartbreak.
I'm not sure if everyone here knows what's been going on but one of my videos was posted on Tumblr and instead of a growing number of new audience members, I get a wave of judgemental people who can't seem to see the video was anything other than pedophilia. Even after providing evidence that the main characters are closer in age than they anticipated, I still get attacked for making the video in the first place. Someone even stated that I should "stop making videos that have late-teenage boys targeting young girls"... I lost it after that. I was fighting a losing battle and I felt alone. So I unlisted my videos until I can decide what to do. I really wanna try and fight back now that I got the comments and tumblr post saved for showcasing, but I really need help doing so. I'm happy that two amazing editors were able to get back to me and help me fight this, but I feel that the people who started this need to know who and what we really are, and that they shouldn't spread hate or misconceptions on something they don't understand. They won't listen to me. It's like I'm already painted as this person trying to "defend pedophilia" when I'm actually trying to defend my work.
Anybody have any ideas on how we can approach this? I'm thinking of doing a debunk video regarding the tumblr post and the comments I've been getting and see what happens after. Idk it's just a thought right now. I thought of just leaving (like usual lol) but what if they carried on to someone else? I'd wanna try to protect them as a fellow editor and fight back in any way I can. I stood up for people before, but I guess I'm weak it comes to me.

Anyway, just needed to get that out. I felt so alone in this until I was presented with this forum. Thank you. I need to surround myself with open-minded people for once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Www.loveandheartbreak.net
AiraSora

No. of posts : 107
Registration Date : 2015-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Censored Silent    Sun May 01, 2016 11:08 am

I saw the tumblr post and got insanely angry right away. Not only was the person who made this post incredibly rude and close-minded, this person didn't even bother to actually really look at the video and understand it. I reblogged it after Emmilicious' comment on it because I want people to see that the person who made that first person is WRONG. Firstly, you are an amazing editor and I can't believe anyone would call it "pedophilia". Jim and Melody are 3-fucking-years apart in age and more importantly, they are fictional handdrawn characters! I can't believe this is even happening -.-
If you think of some way I can help you, I would love to! I am so angry on your behalf and I've been a fan of yours for years, way before I even started editing myself. You're one of my editing idols so I want to help you any way I can!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoveAndHeartbreak

No. of posts : 2
Registration Date : 2016-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Censored Silent    Wed May 04, 2016 12:10 am

Well it seems are calming down now. Thank you for your support everyone! I feel so much better than before and if we can keep standing up for everyone in our community, then I think we can slowly and surely make some sort of difference. I look forward to that day Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Www.loveandheartbreak.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Censored Silent    

Back to top Go down

Censored Silent
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1