A community for all the editors on Youtube that work with Disney

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

"Blacklisting"/Name&Shaming videothieves- YES or NO?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Blacklist?
YES
100%
 100% [ 12 ]
NO
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
cck95
Admin

No. of posts : 147
Registration Date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: "Blacklisting"/Name&Shaming videothieves- YES or NO?    Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:45 am

Copying and stealing videos/clips have always been a issue- and just like gardenweed- channels still keep coming no matter how many you take down. So, I wanted to ask you guys a question, since we now have a forum where we all can get & share info - would it be right or wrong to post the names of these channels in a "Blacklist"-thread? No mean words about them, no witchhunt, just a list of channels - so that we all can be aware of them? And only those who have ignored comments/PM's + that  I can make the thread only visible to members who's logged in.

Or would this be wrong/bad from our part?
What do you guys think?

Last edited by cck95 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CCK95
AiraSora

No. of posts : 107
Registration Date : 2015-08-15

PostSubject: Re: "Blacklisting"/Name&Shaming videothieves- YES or NO?    Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:14 pm

I'd say go for it. Clearly, morals are lost on these people to begin with so I see no reason for us to be "ethical" either. Also, these people are purposefully stealing other people's videos, people should know about that and the video thieves should know that we're not just gonna let them do it. There's consequences to actions and we, as the real editors, are the only ones who can enforce it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MSSProductions

No. of posts : 55
Registration Date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: "Blacklisting"/Name&Shaming videothieves- YES or NO?    Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:10 pm

I think the same. It's good to know who the thieves are if you may check on them. For example I checked on dreamerprincess just today and maybe our little shitstorm had at least some effect? She made a short series with 2 parts and listed the editor's names in there she had taken clips from. That's far away from being enough, because I'm sure she hasn't asked any of them an I'm not sure if there aren't even more, but... it's a beginning I'd say...
Back to the theme haha I think we should make a list. Emmi, maybe you put every name into the very first post then so we don't have to go through all comments? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cck95
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Blacklisting"/Name&Shaming videothieves- YES or NO?    Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Phew,  Cool  glad I wasn't alone. We haters gonna keep hatin'  t(>.<t)

Will do that, @MssProductions! Also thought I will put the names in red once their channel is deleted >;D MOHAHAH (too far?xD) 

Hopefully it wont be a long list, and I think I will add a poll here incase someone has a different opinion- but don't want to post it. If anyone is against this - let us know. Every thought is worth sharing <3
Back to top Go down
NightsStolen

No. of posts : 62
Registration Date : 2014-10-25

PostSubject: Re: "Blacklisting"/Name&Shaming videothieves- YES or NO?    Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:43 pm

There are some major pros and cons to thisstudy

PROSTwisted Evil

1. This would be great for all editors out there to be aware of what is going on with their work. In DP's case, she didn't even remove the watermarks so it's just plainly obvious she was a thief, however, there are sneakier cases out there, obviously.

2. We could have those videos removed and have what's yours made yours again. All credit will be given where it is due, etc

CONSEvil or Very Mad

1. This is going to end in a witchhunt. We can say no as much as we want, say for people not to be anything but polite and respectful, but this will inevitably attract people who will be rude and pollute the community. Yes, they have done something wrong, but the point is to teach them a lesson, not to burn them at the stake. My only major concern is for someone who stole someone's work - as shitty as that is - to constantly be hounded after it's removed/have personal, violent threats made against them because people make mistakes - especially 12-year-olds with access to computers.

Overall, I think we should post a list but keep its attitude mature. This will amount to cyber-bullying, though I don't disagree with posting it (the list), and it should be made expressly clear that this is just to give the community a disclaimer that this person is a thief, not a call to arms or take act rashly. No

P.S. Maybe someone could politely post a disclaimer to the thief's channel to let viewers know that they're using other editor's work/respectfully encourage the removal of the videos? We didn't make them take other's videos so hiding that secret from the world isn't any worry of ours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/NightsStolen
cck95
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Blacklisting"/Name&Shaming videothieves- YES or NO?    Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:05 pm

I will of course do everything I can to make sure people (from this forum) think twice before sending a mean comment or PM, and that the channels on the list have gotten a chance to change their way of "editing" before their name is posted. <3
Back to top Go down
kikyo0takarai

No. of posts : 42
Registration Date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: "Blacklisting"/Name&Shaming videothieves- YES or NO?    Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:37 pm

I have to agree, because if you are new or can`t edit as amazingly as others (like some of us XD) you can's use others work as an excuse for not trying to learn. There is literally no excuse, people give away masks every day, tons of them, so we can all use them and learn and have good looking videos and have fun.

Why use other people's sweat and effort then? How dare they call it their own? Where is the pride on your won work, and the respect for other`s?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Blacklisting"/Name&Shaming videothieves- YES or NO?    

Back to top Go down

"Blacklisting"/Name&Shaming videothieves- YES or NO?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1