Share | 

Why do you comment on a video?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mssConstance15

No. of posts : 39
Registration Date : 2014-10-15

PostSubject: Why do you comment on a video?   Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:21 pm

Hi<3 I'm asking this because I realised that I have 462 subs and every video I posted I recieved between 20-100 likes but no one seen to comment on my video :(at most 2 or 3, I like to know want they like or don't like about my videos u.u mostly so I'll know want to do in the futures videos.
I comment videos when I like them or they are very creatived and unique ^^ And you guys?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AiraSora

No. of posts : 107
Registration Date : 2015-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on a video?   Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:19 am

I admit that I'm bad at commenting on videos even if I absolutely love them and it's horrible because as an editor, the comments often mean more than likes and dislikes because the comments just say so much more and I know that xD I think I often just don't know exactly what to say, because I often find myself either babbling in a comment (unless I restrain myself) or have no clue what to say so it becomes so few words that they almost seem insincere Dx
I guess I comment if there's an obviously unique concept in the video that I know I should and CAN comment on in a way, but mostly, I just need to remind myself to effing comment before watching the next video xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightsStolen

No. of posts : 62
Registration Date : 2014-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on a video?   Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:37 pm

OMG, it is just like AiraSora said! Please forgive me, editing gods for my sins!

I am soooo bad at commenting that it's painful, especially because I am so adamant about their importance, over likes, to the editor. My problem is I want to leave elaborate comments describing every detail of the video that I loved to the editor, to pamper a little and give the editor a complete sense of how I felt with the work, but I always seem to lack the energy and without that motivation, I feel insincere as said above lol!  In addition, I cannot leave a simple one sentence comment because, when coming from another editor/friend in the community especially, this sort of feels like a slap in the face!

I think, with regards to you, as subs increase so will comments, it just takes some time. For the meantime, you can make special requests within the description box for constructive criticism or a simple "tell me if you like it in the comment section Very Happy" and people will eventually come! ♥️

-Kristin jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/NightsStolen
cck95
Admin

No. of posts : 147
Registration Date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on a video?   Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:14 am

Who's a bad at leaving comments? *Raises hand* Me! <.<

Every new years eve- I make a promise to be better at supporting fellow editors by leaving comments, likes, reblogs on tumblr, etc etc - and I always fail. One of the many reasons is mentioned in the posts above: I want to say something that truly shows how I feel, but I can never find the words. I'm much better at giving tips/pointing out whats both good, and what could be better in videos. However, that is not something all editors want in their commentsection (I made a post about it a while ago here on the forum), so instead I keep it to myself. 
I'm always trying to remind myself to comment, and some day it will come naturally for me xD So- I apologize for all the videos I haven't left a comment on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CCK95
MSSProductions

No. of posts : 55
Registration Date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on a video?   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:35 pm

I also struggle with comments aaaalways. Like you guys said, I want to leave a long and personal and special comment, but most of the time I don't have the time or energy to do it. (still have some videos left to comment on *cough*)
I mostly leave a small comment then to show THAT I actally love the video, even if I'm not going into details. I am also more glad about long comments but I really appreciate the small ones too. <3
So, this is why I don't think it'd be a slap in the face if you leave just a small comment, it's worse to leave none at all in my opinion. I mean, it's not creative to say "loved it so muuuch", but aren't we all glad about these comments too? I certainly am, so I always try to show my love in whatever way ;D
Now that I know that we all struggle with it I don't feel so alone lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mssConstance15

No. of posts : 39
Registration Date : 2014-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on a video?   Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:59 am

Thank you~ I love to hear all your opion about it Very Happy It's also happen to me sometime too xD but I tried to leave a comment although sometimes I feel terrible for writing so little -.- '' xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on a video?   

Back to top Go down

Why do you comment on a video?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1