Share | 

Editing quirks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AiraSora

No. of posts : 107
Registration Date : 2015-08-15

PostSubject: Editing quirks   Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:36 pm

So, I was wondering the other day, does anyone here have any editing quirks? Like, have you seen other editors do something in a tutorial that you don't do or have you been told there's an easier way to do something, but you refuse to do it the easy way because it's one of your quirks? xD
Like, one of my editing quirks would be that I don't have the timeline open in SVP when I edit. I've never used it, I can't see why I need to have it open in order to edit. It's a quirk of mine in other ways too, I'm slight OCD when it comes to organization and I can't handle if there's for example a bunch of tabs open on a computer. I never go beyond three and if I do, I close them down the second I'm done with them - even if it means I have to get them again later if I'm using them xD I just can't have things open I don't use or feel like are in the way.
Does anyone else have editing quirks like that? ;D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
girlfriend

No. of posts : 13
Registration Date : 2014-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Editing quirks   Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:07 am

Not if you consider a "peculiarity" but before editing, always reproduce the song many times before you start (and I mean many, are muchasxD) to imagine a scene for each part of the song
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xDivineMemoriesx

No. of posts : 5
Registration Date : 2014-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Editing quirks   Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:59 pm

AiraChica wrote:
I can't handle if there's for example a bunch of tabs open on a computer. I never go beyond three and if I do, I close them down the second I'm done with them - even if it means I have to get them again later if I'm using them

Omg this is me too XD although I always curse when i gotta reopen a tab Razz

my quirk would be the amount of times I replay what ive already edited (especially when I have no fucking clue what to do next XD)

ill sometimes open a project with the intent to edit but ill just watch what I have and go "yeah looks good" and close it ... im surprised i can even get mep parts done ^-^
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsdEyB20k2yvHtK8egJ339w
kikyo0takarai

No. of posts : 42
Registration Date : 2014-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Editing quirks   Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:34 am

I do that too!! Like 100 times even when I already started editing XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angelofmusic1992

No. of posts : 7
Registration Date : 2015-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Editing quirks   Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:29 pm

One of my quirks is that I really prefer to plan things out in my head before I sit down and vid something. So, like, whenever I'm driving or when I'm spacing out in class, I'm like "Okay, what clips would be good for this song?" I guess I do it so I don't end up endlessly combing through footage trying to find something that will fit. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightsStolen

No. of posts : 62
Registration Date : 2014-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Editing quirks   Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:51 pm

Hi!

I don't know so much that this is an editing quirk, but I'll post it just cause! I like to rewatch my footage most times that I add something, even if I have only added a 2 second or one second long update to my video! The moment I finish a manip and add it to my overall timeline, I am watching and rewatching and pouring over my video, maybe just to see if it looks right? I don't know why, but I do and it's time consuming and omg I wish I didn't but I do. If rendering didn't take forever, I would render it right there too, but I don't Laughing

-Kristin jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/NightsStolen
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Editing quirks   

Back to top Go down

Editing quirks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1