Share | 

How to be more active in the community?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mermaidmidna

No. of posts : 8
Registration Date : 2015-08-15

PostSubject: How to be more active in the community?   Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:36 pm

I know that part of my problem is not uploading as often as I should, but I have found it really difficult to really become a part of the Disney editing community, and I want to actively take part in videos, MEPs, contests, etc. I thought that hosting a few of my own MEPs would draw people in, but I haven't had much luck.

So I was wondering if you all had any advice? How can I put myself out there more and meet collaborators? I would really appreciate any feedback you could offer. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidMidna/
cck95
Admin

No. of posts : 147
Registration Date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: How to be more active in the community?   Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:24 pm

I know the feeling! It took a long time for me to get friends around this part of youtube, and what helped me a little were Disney/videorelated roleplays. Sadly, there aren't so many out there any longer.

You know the main things already - like joining MEPs and more. Maybe try to join some MEP groups if you haven't? Then just contact people Very Happy (Not stalk and spam, but compliment and maybe ask questions? I for example love to get PM's from random people <3) You can always ask editors to make a collab with you. Worst case scenario - you get a no and you both move on. Best case scenario - you get a yes and you will work on a fun project.

But I think the best advice I can give is to keep making videos. Then the community will come to you. flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/CCK95
mermaidmidna

No. of posts : 8
Registration Date : 2015-08-15

PostSubject: Re: How to be more active in the community?   Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:14 pm

Thanks so much for the advice, dear. Smile I think one of my biggest issues is that I don't have patience, and I know it takes time to form relationships with people who want to collab! My youtube started out as mostly Non/Disney, so it's a bit difficult to get into the scene later on, but it still seems like one of the most active vidding communities on youtube, which I love.

I will definitely have to ask around more and see who is interested in being a part of MEPs. Thanks again! <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidMidna/
NightsStolen

No. of posts : 62
Registration Date : 2014-10-25

PostSubject: Re: How to be more active in the community?   Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:44 am

Aw, little shishkabob!

We have all been there lol! When I first got started, I thought hosting an MEP would be a great way to start because I remember being terrified to post a video but, honestly, getting involved is so easy! Like Emmi, I agree with getting involved in MEPs! Obviously, if you have seen my channel, my first videos were mep parts (for the most part!) just to help get my name out there.

A great way to get involved though is being completely active on commenting on videos! For example, I love to leave lavish comments because, hi, I talk a lot in real life so when why not in the virtual world as well?? lol! Also, editors, as you know, love reading longer comments on their work! It is very gratifying and, generally, you will remember the person better! After time, you'll learn each other's names, your personalities! It all sort of fits in Smile And when you do that for them, they will probably comment back on your videos (like I do when someone comments for me because I feel so guilty if they always say such kind things and I say poop-squat back to them Razz)! And there may begin a friendship!

Having Skype helps too! If, after a few conversations, you and another editor become super nice, you can just ask for their skype info or maybe instagram or facebook and communicate on there! It's lovely to talk to others in the community outside of PMing or the comments section because you get to talking about ANYTHING like boys or what your favorite sandwich is haha!

So yeah, hope I helped ^^ Look forward to seeing you in the community Very Happy I love you

~Kristin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/NightsStolen
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to be more active in the community?   

Back to top Go down

How to be more active in the community?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1